One thing I love to do is find different ways to increase protein in my meals. Sometimes I make protein shakes, sometimes I add collagen powder to my morning oats, and other times I like to bake with ingredients that help provide a powerful punch per serving. Voila! I was thinking about how I want an afternoon snack that will fill me up (and provide that afternoon pick-me-up) and this is how I put together this recipe!
1 ½ cups rolled oats (gluten free optional)
½ cup vanilla flavored protein powder (I like KURA)
½ tsp cinnamon
1-2 tsp ground flax seeds
½ cup natural peanut butter (I use Nuttzo)
3 Tbsp. raw honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup raisins (also dried cranberries or chocolate chips are an option)
3 Tbsp. almond milk (I like Califia Farms Toasted Coconut flavor)
1. Add oats, protein powder, cinnamon and flaxseed to a large bowl
2. Pour in the peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
3. Add in raisins or mix-ins of choice
4. Add 1 Tbsp. at a time of the almond milk and combine into the mixture thoroughly. The goal is for a sticky ball mixture where some of the mixture ends up left on your fingers.
5. Roll the balls tightly
6. Place into a container or on a plate to set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes
7. Store in fridge until consumed