One of the best ways for the whole family to eat their veggies are by integrating it into baked dishes. I love baking muffins that include vegetables and fruits. In this case, I wanted to make a gluten-free, wheat-free pancake version with the added nutrition and fiber from cauliflower. This recipe was a little more tedious than usual because the cauliflower has to be shredded (I used my food processor) and squeezed to remove excess water. What’s interesting about these pancakes is that it could act as a base and you could melt cheese on top or add some ground meat to complete the meal. Note: Cauliflower smells. My advice is to get the cauliflower prep going fast so that it doesn’t stink up the whole kitchen.
1 large head cauliflower
½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
⅓ cup chives, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 tsp FlavorGod Everything blend
1 tsp FlavorGod No Salt blend
1/2 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
Dipping sauce of your choice (see my concoction below)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
2. Grate the cauliflower until the entire head is crumbled into pieces.
3. Transfer the cauliflower bits to a bowl and sprinkle the salt. Mix the cauliflower to incorporate the salt and let sit for 20 minutes to draw out moisture.
4. Transfer the soaking cauliflower to another bowl lined with a large cloth. Wrap and squeeze so that all of the excess liquid is strained.
5. Transfer the cauliflower back into the first bowl used and mix with the all the ingredients.
6. Turnover a cookie sheet tray and line with parchment paper (to prevent burning). Scoop 1/2 palm portions of the mixture into circles and flatten. Should make about 12 pancakes.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown.
8. Let them cool for about 5 minutes. Serve with desired dipping sauce.
1/3 cup Greek Yogurt 2%
2-3 Tbsp water
1 tsp dill
1 tsp FlavorGod Garlic lovers
1/2 tsp black pepper
Mix the yogurt and water until it reaches a smooth consistency
Add the seasonings and mix well.
Dip into and enjoy!
*Inspired and adapted from Tasty Buzzfeed