Like the pun on the title? I know, it’s cheesy.
For a few months now, I’ve been scouring the internet for a simple baked egg dish. While that seems like a no-brainer, I have specific criteria which I’ve listed below.
– Should have eggs
– Should have veggies
– Should be freezer friendly
– Should be bite size
– Should be simple to make/bake
So anyway, long story short – I decided to just play around and make my own recipe. I have to say, it’s pretty simple to whip up a decent egg frittata and that’s why I have decided to share it with you. For this recipe, I used silicone baking cups so that the mold of the frittata comes out nicely and it also saves you time so that you don’t have to grease and clean the muffin tin.
* 4 eggs
* ½ cup grated carrot
* ½ cup chopped spinach
* ¼ cup shredded cheese, sharp
* ½ tsp FlavorGod Everything seasoning**
* Salt and pepper (I didn’t add the salt since cheese contains salt)
* ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Place silicone cup holders in a muffin pan. Btw, this recipe makes 5 frittatas not 6.
2. Distribute the spinach and the carrot in each of the silicone cup holders. Sprinkle the cheese evenly.
3. Use fork to whisk together the eggs in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Evenly distribute the eggs into the silicone muffin cups and sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top. Bake for 20 minutes. Allow the frittatas to sit for 3-5 minutes before removing them from the pan.
5. Remove the silicone baking cup and either consume or store in an air-tight ziploc bag.
These tasted great considering the “healthiness” of this recipe but they’re perfect to make ahead and serve as well as eat on-the-go. Let me know if you make them!
**I use FlavorGod seasonings because they’re authentic. I also rarely add salt to any of my recipes because the seasonings provide robust flavors.