Truthfully, this recipe came up because I wanted to eat something healthy and nutritious that also didn’t make me feel heavy given the summertime heat. That’s why I used Greek Yogurt for this recipe. It’s a great way to boost moistness while adding protein and healthy fat.
The recipe is super-simple and is perfect to pair with fruit at breakfast or as a snack.
1 cup Oat flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp FlavorGod Gingerbread cookie
2 Tbsp Raw honey
1/3 cup FAGE 2% Greek yogurt
1/2 cup chopped apples
1 Tbsp canola oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a standard 6-cup muffin tin with baking cups.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and spices.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together honey, egg, yogurt, apples and oil.
5. Divide batter evenly between muffin cups
6. Bake about 20 minutes.
7. Cool in pans 5 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
FlavorGod spices and seasonings are my favorite. I use them in all my recipes – depending on the item. They’re authentic, non-GMO and last for a loooonng time because a little amount goes a long way in taste/flavor.
For the apples, I put them in a food processor and created a texture between super-fine chopped apples and applesauce.
Greek yogurt is a healthy fat and I prefer 2% as it provides a better texture for baking.